Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's A Girl!






The house was quiet this morning, since all the boys were out, so I thought I would play!  I gave Rayne a bath, wrapped her in a pink polka dot towel, gathered all the recently ordered hair products (her "Ethiopian" hair needs some special somethings!), a wide tooth comb, and sat her down on the counter in front of the mirror..."This will be fun," I explained!  

It's different - having a girl, that is!  Not just the hair accessories or the outfits...but, the whole way you look into her eyes, the different kinds of dreams and prayers you have for her, the snuggles...different for daddy, too.  He feels relieved of some responsibility that he faces to raise two boys into men.  I feel a NEW sense of responsibility - raising a girl into a woman. Excited for the journey.  For now - I am content with beauty of the sweet close snuggles and choosing her headband!  

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome. It will be different I'm sure, but wonderful like your boys. I've been praying for you guys and will continue. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeva and Rachel, congratulations on the addition to your family, she is wonderful!! Daughters and sons are so different, it's nice to have the experience of both. Hope we get to see y'all in person sometime soon. Good luck!
    - Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how wonderful your little girl is.. she is simply perfect. :-) It is so wonderful to have a little girl. We think of you guys often...love to Jeeva and the boys too....xoxoxo Melissa, Chad, Olivia, and Finn

    p.s. we have a blog too.. www.barberclan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete