Tuesday, December 22, 2009

RAYNE DINKNESH



Why Rayne Dinknesh?

Rayne  - Jeeva, in his wisdom and discernment, came up with her name.  Rain brings life, refreshment, fruit, blessing...and so will Rayne's life. She has already brought so much new life to our family and we trust that she will do the same for many others. Ezekiel 34:26 And I will give the rain at the right time, and I will make the shower come down at the right time; there will be showers of blessing.


Dinknesh  - her given name at birth from her birth mother. We went to Ethiopia not certain how, if at all, we would use this name. Shortly after arriving in Ethiopia, Jeeva and I agreed this was our little girl's name. We answered to this name, and so did she. We heard the nannies look in her eyes and say her name, "DINK-I -NESH" in a beautiful way. We met her birth mother and listened to her heart of naming her baby. This name means, "you are amazing" and her birth mother explained that she knew that this little girl would grow up and do amazing things. Of course, then, this would be her name! When we returned home I felt more natural calling her Dinknesh than Rayne. I still call her Dinknesh in our home at times, and she looks at me and gives me a precious smile when I call her this. Does she remember??? I don't know what she remembers, but it will be a way I call her and let her know ...I know everything about you and I love all of it. I embrace your past and all of you. I love you Dinknesh.....although, I can't quite say it as beautifully as the gracious women of Ethiopia.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. She is an AMAZING gift to an amazing family! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete